Sunday, November 18, 2012




Entry #2
    
Dear Journal,

     Today, my father taught me how to hunt. He taught me that if we want tasty, healthy meat, you have to follow the way the water flows in the creek. That is where lots of bears go to eat fish. He also taught me how to track animals when you are hunting. He taught me what all of the animal tracks are from the animals that we like to eat. One of the things that he said was that you have to follow the way the toes face. Once we finally got a squirrel, we brought it back home and had it for lunch. With our squirrel for lunch, we had berries.
     After lunch, me and Grandmother weaved with alpaca wool. I am making a scarf for the winter. Grandmother is making a blanket. I like making my things very colorful, with happy colors. We worked on our weaving for a few hours. For dinner we ate salmon, cama roots, and berries. After we finished dinner, Mauki (chief) came over to our house with a few people from our tribe that I had recognized. They had come for a council meeting. It lasted about an hour. By the time they left, it was time for me to go to bed. Goodnight!



Yours truly,

Acotas

No comments:

Post a Comment